Turmeric needs no introduction. It is an important part of Indian cooking and an essential part of my spice box. Not a day goes by in my kitchen where I have not touched this magic ingredient. The health benefits it carries in numerous. While I use turmeric powder in my day-to-day cooking, raw turmeric roots are also a part of my kitchen, especially in winter.
Read 10 health benefits of turmeric in this useful article here.
I have earlier shared the recipe of turmeric latte, which is an excellent winter warmer. Raw turmeric pickle is yet another simple and healthy dish that can be made in minutes and stored in the refrigerator. Just take a piece or two of it and mix it with some hot rice. Healthy, healing food.
Raw turmeric pickle
Raw turmeric pickle step-by-step recipe with photos
1. Cut turmeric into thin slices
2. Heat coconut oil in a pan
3. Add mustard and fennel seeds
4. Add sliced turmeric root and salt. Mix well. Saute for 2-3 minutes
5. Add red chilli powder
6. Saute for few more minutes
7. Serve immediately or store refrigerated
Recipe adapted from here.