Bottle gourd is known for its health benefits. This simple vegetable is full of goodness and helps you stay healthy in many ways. I cook with this vegetable very often. My personal favourite is majjigehuli, which is a yogurt-based curry. Next in line is lau ghonto, which is a Bengali style curry. Simple and very easy to make, this can make a great side dish for a quick weekday meal.
To make this dish, I cook thinly sliced bottle gourd in some whole and ground spices and finish it off with coriander leaves. That’s it. So simple to make and so healthy and nutritious.
Bottle gourd curry
To make Panchforon
To make lau ghonto
Bottle gourd curry step-by-step recipe with photos
1. Peel and thinly slice bottle gourd
2. Temper panchforon, bay leaf and dry red chilli
3. Add bottle gourd and spices
4. Mix everything well and cover
5. Cook bottle gourd and spices until completely done