Broccoli is well know for its health benefits and is considered a superfood. This hearty vegetable is a powerhouse of antioxidants as well as a rich source of dietary fiber and vitamins.
This was not a common veggie in my kitchen until I moved to Melbourne. But here, I make this simple dish very often and serve as sides. We are not a big fan of steamed broccoli but roasted broccoli is a hit in our home. Just 3 ingredients and a few minutes in the oven to make this unbelievably easy dish. Make these healthy, crunchy bites of goodness and you will never want to go back to any other way of eating broccoli.
Broccoli florets – 2 cups
Olive oil – 2 tbsp
Garlic – 2-3 cloves, sliced
Salt to taste
- Wash and pat dry the broccoli florets
- Preheat oven at 200 degree C
- In a large bowl, put together broccoli florets, olive oil, garlic slices and salt. Toss them well to combine
- Transfer it to a baking tray and spread the broccoli evenly
- Roast in preheated oven for 20-25 minutes until the broccoli florets are cooked and slightly crispy
- Check for seasoning and sprinkle extra salt if needed
- Serve hot
- You may squeeze some lemon juice on top before serving
- Make sure you pat dry the broccoli completely before cooking. This will make them more crunchy
- Cut the broccoli into florets of same size so that they roast evenly