We all love cheese crackers. This addictive cheese goodness is perfect to munch on for a quick snack. And obviously like every other processed food that we can buy, the store-bought ones come with all the nasty preservatives, additives and flavours. So I prefer making them at home.
My daughter is on a gluten-free diet and so I make them to suit her dietary need. These gluten-free and grain-free crackers come out just perfect and she loves them. I put a few in her lunchbox too and they are perfect to snack on. Just three main ingredients – almond meal, yogurt and of course cheese – is all you need to make these cheese goodness. Do give it a try.
Cheddar cheese – 1 ¼ cup, grated
Almond meal – 1 cup
Yogurt – 2-3 tbsp
Salt to taste
- Preheat oven at 150 degrees C
- Take all the ingredients in a bowl and knead gently until they are well combined to a soft dough. If the dough is too soft, add an additional 2-3 tbsp of almond meal
- Place the dough on a baking paper. Place another baking paper on the top
- Roll the dough thin between the baking papers
- Remove the top layer of baking paper. Cut the rolled dough into the desired shape
- Carefully lift the baking paper along with the dough and place on a baking tray
- Bake in the preheated oven for 15 minutes
- Turn off the oven and let the crackers sit in the oven until it cools down completely
- Separate the crackers and store in an air-tight container