A piping hot bowl of soup is so comforting on a cold winter night. And a soup that is ready in less than 15 minutes is a definite keeper when you are not in a mood to cook something elaborate. This healthy and delicious clear soup can be paired with warm garlic bread for a light meal.
I use vegetable stock to make this soup, but you can replace it with chicken stock too. The tanginess from the lemon, the freshness of the coriander leaves and the crunch from the vegetables are a perfect match. This light and flavourful soup is a perfect way to start your meal. Prep-up the vegetables and stock beforehand and enjoy the soup in no time.
Follow the step-by-step recipe to make healthy and delicious lemon coriander soup.
Juice of 1 lemon
Coriander leaves – ¼ cup
Oil – 2 tsp
Garlic – 2 cloves, finely chopped
Green chillies – 2, finely chopped
Onion – ¼ cup, finely chopped
Cabbage – ¼ cup, finely chopped
Carrot – ¼ cup, finely chopped
Vegetable stock – 4 cups
Cornflour – 1 tsp
Salt and pepper to taste
- Mix the cornflour in 2 tbsp water and set aside
- Heat oil in a fry pan or kadhai. Add garlic and saute for a few seconds. Add green chillies
- Next, add onion and saute for 1-2 minutes
- Add carrot and cabbage. Saute for another 1-2 minutes
- Add vegetable stock, lemon juice, salt, pepper and cornflour mixture. Stir everything well and bring it to a boil
- Let it simmer for 5-7 minutes. Keep stirring occasionally
- Add coriander leaves and mix well. Turn off the flame
- Serve piping hot