Paneer puff step-by-step recipe with photos.
Paneer puffs are crispy, flaky, savoury puff pastries with a flavourful cottage cheese filling. A perfect tea time snack. Back in India, these goodies are one of the most popular tea time snack available in almost all bakeries. I loved vegetable puff as a kid, which was nothing but puff pastries filled with a spicy vegetable filling. But these delicious savoury puffs are not available in stores outside India. But easily available are ready-to-use frozen puff pastry sheets, and with them, making these paneer puffs are super easy. I have never tried making puff pastry sheets at home. The store-bought ones are simple to use and so flaky and crispy once baked.
Paneer puffs are a great party snack too. Kids absolutely love them. Bake them beforehand and just reheat them in an oven while serving. Crispy, flaky texture with delicious filling is definitely a party pleaser.
Prepare these delicious golden treats at home for a perfect tea time snack.
Paneer puff step-by-step recipe with photos
1. Chop onion and capsicum (I have used a mix of red, green and yellow)
2. Fry onion and capsicum along with spices
3. Add paneer and mix gently
4. Stuffing for the puff ready
5. Cut puff pastry sheets into 4 squares
6. Add prepared filling on each square and seal the edges
7. Apply milk wash using a brush
8. Bake until the puffs are golden and crispy