This simple cake is made with all things good – almond, cashew, ghee, milk… I came across this recipe in NDTV food website and loved it. But I made some changes to make it taste more nutty rather than a regular flour cake. I added more almond meal and milk than mentioned in the original recipe and it worked absolutely wonderful.
Simple egg free, nutty, soft and moist cake that is ready in minutes is an excellent for tea-time snack and a great dessert too.
Do try my take on this cake and I am sure you will love it.
Plain flour – ½ cup
Cashew – ¼ cup, ground into fine powder
Almond meal – ½ cup
Sugar – ¼ cup
Baking powder – ½ tsp
Baking soda – ¼ tsp
Milk – ¾ cup
Ghee – 3 tbsp
Cardamom powder – a small pinch
Desiccated coconut – 1-2 tbsp
- Pre-heat oven to 180 degree C. Grease and line a 8 inch baking tin
- In a bowl, mix together flour, cashew powder, almond meal, baking powder, baking soda, cardamom powder
- In another bowl, combine ghee and sugar. Whisk until it is light and fluffy. Add milk and combine well
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and gently mix
- Transfer to the prepared baking tin. Sprinkle the desiccated coconut on the top
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until the skewer comes clean
- Cool it, slice and serve