The classic chocolate chip cookies that you will never get bored of. Sweet, crunchy with a soft centre is an all-time favourite with a glass of milk or a cup of coffee. And they are great as a dessert or for snack boxes too.
I have added milk and white chocolate chips here, but you can use milk, white or dark chocolate chips as per your liking. Baked to perfection, these cookies are a perfect addition to your pantry.
Follow this simple recipe with step-by-step instructions to get perfect cookies every time you bake them.
Butter – ¾ cup, at room temperature
Brown sugar – ½ cup
Caster sugar – ¼ cup
Egg – 1
Plain flour – 1 ¾ cup
Vanilla extract – 1 tsp
Milk chocolate chips – ½ cup
White chocolate chips – ½ cup
- Preheat oven to 180 degree Celsius. Line 2 baking trays with baking sheets
- Take butter, brown sugar and caster sugar in a large bowl. Beat well for 1-2 minutes until smooth
- Add the egg and vanilla extract. Beat until well combined
- Add flour and chocolate chips. Bring together to form a soft dough
- Take approximately 2 tbsp of the cookie dough and place on the tray. Gently press to flatten it. Keep the dough 3 cm apart
- Bake for 15-18 minutes or until lightly golden. Transfer to a wire rack to cool
- Store in an airtight container for up to 1 week