Anyone who has lived or visited Hyderabad cannot go past this recipe without thinking about not making them!
The famous tutti frutti biscuits from very famous Karachi Bakery. In fact, it is widely available in Indian stores all over the world. But making these cookies at home takes the taste to a whole new level. In addition, we have the option to tweak sweetness and nuttiness. They are really simple to make and can stay fresh for up to 10 days when stored in an airtight container. These fabulous cookies are perfect for tea time and are loved by the kids.
Try these sweet, nutty, melt-in-mouth cookies studded with candied fruits and I am sure it will be loved by all!
Plain flour – 1 ½ cup
Cornflour – ½ cup
Butter – ½ cup, at room temperature
Powdered sugar – ¾ cup
Baking powder – 1 tsp
Tutti fruitti – ½ cup
Cashew – ¼ cup, chopped
Vanilla extratct – ½ tsp
Rose essence – 1 tsp
Milk powder – ¼ cup
- Take butter and sugar in large bowl. Beat until light and fluffy
- Add rest of the ingredients . Mix gently together to form a dough (take care not to over mix)
- Divide the dough into two portions
- Roll into cylindrical shape logs and wrap them individually in cling wraps
- Place the logs in the refrigerator for 30-45 minutes
- Preheat oven at 180 degree celcius. Line baking tray with baking paper
- Cut the cylinder into 1 cm thick slices
- Place them on the prepared trays
- Bake in preheated oven for 10-12 minutes. The cookies are done when the bottom of the cookies starts to brown
- Cool completely on a wire rack
- Serve immediately or store in airtight container