“Oh, I’m a Gummy Bear (yes)
I’m a Gummy Bear
Oh, I’m a yummy, chummy, funny, lucky, Gummy Bear
I’m a jelly bear
Yes I’m a Gummy Bear
We love this song… And of course, love eating gummy bear while singing gummy bear!!!
But not with all the nasty preservatives and artificial colours that comes with it, plus heaps of sugar. So we make them at home. Super easy recipe that is so simple to make and get the kids helping in it. My daughter has fun pouring the liquid using the dropper. You need a gummy bear mould to make these cute little treats, but if you don’t have one, set them in any silicon mould. I love making it with 100% pomegranate juice as it gives a beautiful colour to the gummy bears but they taste great with any juice of your choice.
To make gummy bears, I heat together juice (without added sugar), honey and gelatine. I then pour it into the gummy bear mould using the dropper that comes along with the mould and let it set. That’s it! How easy is it to make these delicious healthy treats!
100% Pomegranate juice – 1 cup (or juice of your choice)
Honey as per taste (depending on the sweetness of the juice)
Lemon juice – 1 tsp (optional)
Gelatine – 3 tbsp
Gummy bear mould
- Pour the pomegranate juice, lemon juice and honey in a saucepan and put on medium flame till the liquid starts simmering
- Turn off flame. Add gelatine and mix well until it completely dissolves
- Using a dropper, pour the mixture into the gummy bear mould
- Refrigerate until completely set (3-4 hours)
- Remove from mould and store in air-tight containers