Achari paneer using fresh masala step-by-step recipe with photos.
Achari paneer is a cottage cheese curry flavoured with pickling spices. It has a very unique flavour and tastes very different from the regular onion-tomato based curries. This dish tastes great with plain paratha or plain rice. Use the leftover curry in wraps to make a delicious lunch. The spicy, tangy intense curry is a delight. You may replace the cottage cheese with chicken for
Freshly roasted spices combined with a silky onion-tomato-yogurt gravy makes this dish a true winner. Try my version of this dish for a perfect winter night curry.
Click here for more paneer recipes.
Achari Paneer step-by-step recipe with photos
1. Dry roast mustard, cumin, fenugreek, fennel and nigella seeds on low flame until aromatic
2. Grind into a fine powder and set aside the achari masala
3. Lightly fry the paneer cubes
4. Add onion paste and fry
5. Add ginger-garlic paste
6. Add tomato puree next
7. Add the powdered spices
8. Add the achari masala
9. Add whisked yogurt and adjust consistency with some water
10. Add the paneer cubes and mix gently
11. Simmer for a few minutes. Achari paneer is ready for serving