Almond burfi step-by-step recipe with photos.
Burfi is similar to fudge. Typically this burfi is made by blanching almonds, making a paste out of it, and cooking it. I usually make an easier version with almond meal and it turns out excellent. In fact, using almond meal instead of almonds gives it a non-sticky taste, similar to one we find in sweet shops in India. Absolutely delicious…
To make this mildly sweet burfi, I make a thin sugar syrup and add almond meal into it. I then cook it until the moisture evaporates and it comes together. I knead the whole mixture a little bit, roll it into a disc and cut it out. Done! Ready in minutes, almond burfi stays fresh for 3-4 days when stored in an airtight container.
For more burfi recipes, click here.
For more recipes with almonds as the main ingredient, click here.
Almond burfi step-by-step recipe with photos
1. Boil sugar and water to make the syrup
2. Add almond meal, ghee and cook until it comes together
3. Keep stirring until it comes together into a mass
4. Transfer the mixture on to a plate and let it cool slightly
5. Knead the mixture while it is still warm
6. Place the mixture between two baking sheets and roll it
7. Trim off the edges and cut into squares