Almond cashew cake step-by-step recipe with photos.
About this recipe
This simple cake is made with all things good – almond, cashew, ghee, milk... I came across this recipe on the NDTV food website and loved it. But I made some changes to make it taste nuttier rather than a regular flour cake. I added more almond meal and milk than mentioned in the original recipe and it worked absolutely wonderful.
To make this cake, I first combine together flour, almond meal, cashew powder, cardamom powder, baking powder, and baking powder. I whisk together ghee and sugar until it is fluffy. I then whisk in the milk. I combine the wet and dry ingredients together and pour them into a baking dish. I top the cake batter with some desiccated coconut and bake in a preheated oven. Adding desiccated coconut is purely optional and can be skipped. I have baked this eggless cake without it and tastes equally good.
Simple egg-free, nutty, soft, and moist cake that is ready in minutes is excellent for tea-time snack and a great dessert too. You can even choose to bake it at festivals for a change from regular sweets and desserts.
Do try my take on this cake and I am sure you will love it.
Click here for more almond recipes.
Step by step instructions
1. Grind cashew into fine powder
2. Mix together all dry ingredients
3. Whisk together ghee and sugar
4. Combine wet and dry ingredients together
5. Pour into lined tin and top with desiccated coconut
6. Bake in preheated oven until done
Almond cashew cake
- Pre-heat oven to 180℃. Grease and line an 8-inch baking tin
- In a bowl, mix together flour, cashew powder, almond meal, baking powder, baking soda, cardamom powder
- In another bowl, combine ghee and sugar. Whisk until it is light and fluffy. Add milk and combine well
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and gently mix
- Transfer to the prepared baking tin. Sprinkle the desiccated coconut on the top
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until the skewer comes clean
- Cool it, slice and serve