Almond coconut cookies step-by-step recipe with photos.
About this recipe
Soft, perfect chewy melt-in-mouth cookies... Who doesn’t want a little treat with their cuppa! And if the cookies are made with the goodness of almond, coconut, and chia seeds, it is just perfect.
I wanted to make something different from my standard chocolate chip cookies recipe so that we don't feel guilty while nibbling on them. I gave this recipe a try and I was stoked. All my favourite things in one – almond, coconut, chocolate chips. And there was no going back.
These cookies are eggless and are made with chia eggs. I was unsure whether chia eggs will bind though, as I have never used them in cookies before. But it worked absolutely fine. We loved them so much that I already had a second batch going before the first one was over.
Gluten-free, dairy-free, egg-free, and most importantly, guilt-free cookies that are to die for. This one is going to stay in my kitchen for a long time now.
Click here for more almond recipes.
Step by step instructions
1. Soak chia seeds in water to make chia eggs
2. Combine almond meal, desiccated or shredded coconut, brown sugar, salt, and baking powder
3. Mix the wet and dry ingredients together
4. Combine to form a dough and let it rest for 30 minutes
5. Shape the dough into balls and flatten them. Place them on a baking sheet
6. Bake until the edges are golden brown
Guilt-free cookies that taste absolutely divine
Almond coconut cookies
- 1¼ cup almond meal
- ½ cup desiccated coconut
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- A small pinch salt
- ¼ cup vegan dark chocolate chips you may use regular ones
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 3 tablespoon coconut oil melted
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a small bowl, mix together chia seeds with 3 tablespoon water. Let it sit for 15 minutes
- In a large bowl, stir together almond meal, desiccated coconut, brown sugar, salt, dark chocolate chips
- Once the chia seeds are soaked, whisk it well. Mix it with coconut oil and vanilla extract
- Mix the wet ingredients with dry ingredients until combined
- Cover and keep in the refrigerator for 30 minutes
- Preheat oven at 180 C (360 F)
- Once the dough is rested, shape them into 1 inch balls and gently press them to flatten a bit
- Place them on a lined baking tray with a 1-2 inch gap in between each
- Bake until the edges brown, about 10-12 minutes
- Cool completely and serve