Anda bread (bread omelette) step-by-step recipe with video and photos.
About this recipe
Anda bread or bread omelette is an easy sandwich made with eggs. It is great for breakfast, snack, or even lunch. It’s a common street food too and has many variations in the way it is cooked. Everything that goes into making this quick and easy dish can be varied according to your liking – change the type of bread used, the veggies you add into the eggs, skip the cheese, or add lots of it – make it just the way you like it. I use mint chutney as a spread and it adds great taste to it. You may choose to skip it. These sandwiches can be made with a plethora of flavor combinations and variations personalizing each one to your taste.
This delicious dish is great for lunch boxes too, especially when you don’t have much time or run out of ideas. With just a handful of ingredients and a few minutes, you can whip up a tasty dish that will fuel you for the day. Make this for a busy weekday breakfast of pack it for lunch and you have happy tummies at home 🙂
Ingredients to make anda bread
Eggs: Goes in making the filling of this sandwich.
Bread: I use multigrain bread; however, you may replace it with any bread of your choice.
Butter: I use butter to make the sandwiches.
Onion and tomatoes: Make sure both onions and tomatoes are finely chopped.
Green chilli and coriander leaves: You may adjust the chilli as per your preference or skip it altogether.
Cheese: I use mozeralla cheese here; however, you may replace it with any cheese of your choice.
Mint chutney: I use homemade mint chutney (recipe here). Tomato ketchup goes well with this sandwich too.
For more breakfast recipes, click here.
Tips for making perfect anda bread
Use butter (and not oil) to make them.
Choose the right bread. I make it either with multigrain bread or white bread and we love it with multigrain bread. See what works best for you and use that bread.
When folding the omelette, try to keep it approximately the same size of bread slices. This way, it will sit well in the sandwich.
Where possible, use a serrated knife to cut the sandwich.
This dish is:
– very easy to make and can be ready in less than 15 minutes
– easily adjustable to suit your tastebuds
– perfect for lunchboxes
– great for outdoors and picnics
Anda bread (bread omelette) recipe video
Anda bread step-by-step recipe with photos
1. Crack the eggs in a bowl and add salt and pepper
2. Add onion, tomato, green chilli, and coriander leaves. Mix well
3. Heat butter in a fry pan. Add half the egg mixture and let it cook
4. Once the omelette is almost done, carefully fold it from all sides to form a square
5. Add 1 tsp butter and place a slice of bread. Carefully spread 1 tsp of mint chutney
6. Place an omelette onto it and top it with cheese
7. Place another slice of bread and add some butter on top. Carefully flip it and roast on both sides until it is golden
8. Slice and serve
Perfect for lunch boxes
Anda bread (bread omelette)