Badam halwa step-by-step recipe with photos.
Badam halwa or almond fudge is a royal, rich, and delicious dessert that is perfect for festivals and celebrations.
Halwa is a dense, sweet confections that are popular across India. They are very easy to make and are prepared both on festivals and for day-to-day dessert cravings.
To make badam halwa, I blend together blanched almonds and milk. I then slow cook it with ghee, sugar, cardamom, and saffron. The process is simple, all it needs is some patience and some muscle power to stir the halwa. But trust me, every spoonful of the halwa you relish will be it absolutely worth it.
This gluten-free dessert is to die for. For a vegan option, replace milk with coconut/almond milk and ghee with coconut oil.
Treat your family and friends with this delicious royal dessert during your next celebration and I am sure everyone will love it.
For more halwa recipes, click here.
For more almond recipes, click here.
Badam halwa step-by-step recipe with photos
1. Soak almonds in water
2. Peel the skin of the almonds and rinse thoroughly
3. Grind almond and milk into a smooth paste
4. Heat ghee and add the almond-milk paste
5. Add sugar, saffron and cardamom and mix well
6. Add remaining ghee and keep stirring
7. Cook halwa until it reaches desired consistancy