Baked teriyaki chicken step-by-step recipe with photos.
About this recipe
An easy chicken dinner made with a quick and easy homemade teriyaki sauce. Teriyaki chicken is a simple chicken dish, ready in 30 minutes, perfect for weekday dinner. It requires just a handful of ingredients, readily available in the pantry. The quick teriyaki sauce glaze that I make to add over the baked chicken takes this dish to a whole new level.
To make this dish, I first mix together chicken, eggs, ginger, garlic, soya sauce, and vinegar. I then skewer them and bake them in a preheated oven. I then prepare a glaze with honey, butter, brown sugar, soya sauce, vinegar, ginger, and garlic. Once the chicken is done, I pour the glaze over the chicken and garnish it with sesame seeds and spring onions.
Perfect tender, juicy meat with a sweet and savoury punch of flavour is an absolute winner. The teriyaki sauce is very easy to put together with a few basic ingredients that are readily available. This flavourful chicken dish pairs very well with any main course dish. Serve with a fresh salad or use them in wraps. Serve teriyaki chicken with Chinese fried rice for a perfect quick and easy dinner. Make this takeaway classic at home easily for a delicious weeknight dinner.
Click here for more fusion recipes.
Step by step instructions
1. Mix chicken with egg, sauces, and ginger-garlic paste
2. Insert the chicken into skewers and bake in a preheated oven
3. Glaze to be poured over baked chicken
Teriyaki chicken served with Chinese fried rice
Baked teriyaki chicken
- 500 grams boneless chicken thigh
- 4 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 1 egg
- 1½ tablespoon ginger paste
- 1½ tablespoon garlic paste
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon butter
- Salt to taste
- A few spring onion for garnish
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds for garnish
- Clean and cut the chicken into 1-inch strips
- Mix the chicken with egg, 2 tablespoon soya sauce, vinegar, salt, and 1 tablespoon ginger and 1 tablespoon garlic. Insert chicken into skewers
- Preheat oven at 220 C (430 F). Place the skewered chicken into the oven and bake for 20 minutes. Alternatively, you can cook the chicken skewers on a thick bottom frying pan
- To prepare the glaze, heat a small pan and add 1 teaspoon butter. Add honey, brown sugar, 2 tablespoon soya sauce, ½ tablespoon ginger, ½ tablespoon garlic, and half cup water
- Bring to boil and let it reduce. Turn off the heat once it thickens slightly
- Pour the glaze over baked chicken
- Garnish with sesame seeds and spring onion
- Serve hot with fried rice