Banana bread step-by-step recipe with photos.
About this recipe
What’s better than overripe bananas? Banana bread of course! This is moist, cake-like bread that is ready in no time. With a beautifully moist texture, the flavour from the bananas, and perfectly soft crumbs, this recipe is the best ever!
To make this delicious bread, I mix together the plain and self-raising flour, sugar, and cinnamon. I whisk in milk, eggs, and butter into mashed overripe bananas. I combine wet and dry ingredients and bake in a preheated oven. This is one of the easiest recipes when it comes to baked goodies.
This recipe here uses eggs. I make an eggless version too with banana and coconut as the main ingredients. Click here for the recipe for eggless banana coconut bread.
This magical bread is moist and super yummy. I have made this so many times and turns out excellent in every bake. When served lightly toasted, it tastes out of the world for banana lovers (for everyone actually)! You won’t throw away a banana if it gets overripe ever again.
Banana bread step by step instructions
1. Combine flours with cinnamon and sugar
2. Combine wet ingredients together
3. Fold wet ingredients into flour mixture
4. Pour batter into loaf pan
5. Bake until a skewer inserted into the center comes out clean
6. Slice the banana bread and serve warm
- 1¾ cup self-raising flour
- ¼ cup plain four
- ¾ cup milk
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup brown sugar firmly packed
- ¼ butter plus extra for greasing the loaf pan
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon powder
- 2 bananas overripe
- Preheat the oven to 180 C (360 F). Grease a baking loaf tin (8cm X 19cm) with butter and line the baking paper
- Combine both the flours with cinnamon and sugar in a large bowl
- Mash the bananas well using a masher or fork. Whisk in milk, melted butter, and eggs
- Add this banana mixture into the flour and fold together until combined. Pour the mixture into the prepared pan
- Bake for approximately 30-35 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the center comes out clean. Stand in the pan for 10 minutes and then transfer to a cooling rack
- Cut into slices and serve warm
- Make sure the bananas are ripened enough
- You may increase the sugar by ¼ cup if you prefer a more sweet bread
- You may add chopped walnuts to the bread