This simple, refreshing, tangy and naturally sweet juice is so easy to make and perfect for keeping you hydrated in summer. Watermelon is usually so sweet in itself that it does not need any sugar to be added. I like to chill the watermelon before blending it.
Watermelon has numerous health benefits despite the popular belief that it is just sugar and water. It is rich in vitamins, minerals and antioxidants.
Make this cool, refreshing summer drink and stay hydrated on hot days!
Watermelon pieces – 3 cups
Juice of ½ a lime
Mint leaves for garnish
- Remove the rind of the watermelon and roughly chop it. Place it in a
refrigeratorfor 1-2 hours
- Take the chopped watermelon in a blender and blend well
- In a large bowl, place a muslin cloth. Pass the watermelon juice through the muslin cloth to remove the pulp
- Squeeze in the lime juice and mix well
- Garnish with mint leaves and serve immediately