Sabudana khichdi is made with tapioca pearls or sago pearls, peanuts, and potato as the main ingredients. It is the most common fasting food all over India and is made during festivals like Navratri and Shivratri. It is a great breakfast dish too.
It is really important to get the sago pearls non-sticky and to achieve that it needs to be soaked for the right amount of time. Here is my mom’s secret recipe of sabudana khichdi. This
There are two varieties of sabudana available in the market – the large ones and the small ones. I use the large ones to make sabudan khicdi and the small one to make sabudana payasa (pudding). Check the recipe of sabudana payasa here.
Try my fail-proof recipe and get perfect pearls of sabudana in this mildly spiced sabudana khichdi.
Sabudana khichdi step-by-step recipe with photos
1. Soak sabudana in water for 30 minutes
2. Mix sabudana with peanut powder, coconut and salt
3. Temper oil and add potatoes
4. Fry until potatoes are golden
5. Add peas and saute
6. Add sabudana mixture and combine gently
7. Simmer until sabudana is completely done