Cajun spiced potatoes step-by-step recipe with photos.
About this recipe
While in India, one of my favourite restaurants was Barbeque Nation, and the dish I liked most was their Cajun spiced potatoes. After moving to Melbourne I really missed it when I thought of good vegetarian starters and snacks. I tried making it a few times at home and finally mastered it. It is a definite winner if you want some great vegetarian finger food for parties. Finger licking goodness...
I make a quick and easy cajun spice mix with just a handful of ingredients from my pantry. For the cajun spice mix, I combine together cumin powder, chilli powder, dried oregano, dried thyme, pepper powder, salt, and garlic powder. To make this dish, I parboil baby potatoes with skin on. I then place them on a baking tray and gently pressed with a wide spoon. I rub the potatoes with homemade cajun seasoning and bake them till golden brown.
Topped with roasted capsicum and sour cream dip, these little delicious bites of potatoes taste absolutely delicious.
Cajun-spiced potatoes step-by-step recipe with photos
1. Gently press to flatten the parboiled potatoes
2. Rub the seasoning on potatoes
3. Bake the potatoes until golden
Cajun spiced potatoes
- 1 kg baby potatoes
- Salt to taste
- 2 tablespoon oil
For Cajun seasoning:
- 1 teaspoon cumin powder
- ½ teaspoon chilli powder
- 1 tablespoon oregano (dried)
- 1 tablespoon thyme (dried)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper (crushed)
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- Roasted capsicum and sour cream dip
- A few coriander leaves chopped
- Wash the baby potatoes and parboil them skin on with some salt. Remove from water, pat dry and let it cool
- Preheat oven at 180℃
- Line a baking tray with parchment paper and line the potatoes
- Using a wide spoon or masher, gently press them until they flatten. Be careful not to break them into pieces
- Mix all the ingredients of the Cajun seasoning in a bowl. Add oil and mix well
- Rub the seasoning onto the potatoes gently
- Place the potatoes in the oven and let them bake at 180 C (360 F) for 20-25 minutes or until the potato skin turns golden and crispy
- Place them on a serving dish and top with sour cream dip
- Garnish with chopped coriander leaves and serve