Carrot cake step-by-step recipe with photos.
“A party without cake is just a meeting” – Julia Child
How true is that! And with a cake like this one, there won’t be a person who would not be pleased with it.
I have been wanting to bake a carrot cake for quite some time, and I’ve tried a few versions before over the last few years. But nothing impressed me as much as this recipe did. A moist, flavourful cake that will win your heart like no other. The sweetness from the carrots and pineapple combined with the nuttiness from almonds and coconut is an absolute delight.
I baked this cake in a bundt pan which gave it a beautiful crust all over. And it goes without saying, this cake is incomplete without a cream cheese frosting.
This carrot cake will not match any other carrot cake you have baked or tried before. This easy one-bowl recipe is definitely a must-try. Oh, did I say it has no oil or butter whatsoever!
Recipe source here.
FOR THE CAKE:
FOR THE FROSTING:
Carrot cake step-by-step recipe with photos
1. Beat sugar, eggs and apple sauce together
2. Add flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon
3. Combine them together
4. Add carrot, coconut, almonds, pineapple, vanilla extract and fold everything together
5. Pour into the prepared pan
6. Bake for 40-45 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean
7. To make the frosting, beat the butter and cream cheese until fluffy
8. Add in the vanilla and powdered sugar and beat until smooth
9. Frosting ready to be spread on cake