Chicken lollipop step-by-step recipe with photos.
Chicken lollipop is a famous Indo-Chinese fusion dish that is a great appetiser. Chicken drumettes or wings frenched, marinated, crumbed and deep-fried – a bliss for all chicken lovers. This dish is perfect for parties as it can be prepared beforehand and fried when the guests arrive. This one is a favourite with kids too, DD absolutely loves it.
Like I have mentioned before, we don’t prefer eating Indo-Chinese dishes in restaurants because of the addition of MSG and additives. Why compromise on health when we can make these dishes at home without compromising on taste!
Chicken lollipop can be made either using chicken drumettes or chicken wings. In either case, it needs to be frenched to get the shape of a lollipop. I am using drumettes in this recipe. I am no good when it comes to french the chicken and Mr. Husband is more than happy to oblige.
Next time you find drumettes at the market, grab them and give this lip-smacking dish a try. I am sure you will not be disappointed.
Click here for more Indo-Chinese recipes.
Chicken lollipop step-by-step recipe with photos
1. French the chicken drumettes and collect all the meat to one side of the bone
2. Marinate the chicken with soya sauce, vinegar, ginger-garlic-chilli paste
3. Chicken drumettes after marination
4. Mix egg, red chilli paste and cornflour to form a batter
5. Dip the marinated chicken in the batter
6. Coat the dipped chicken with breadcrumbs
7. Chicken drumettes are ready to be fried
8. Fry in hot oil until golden brown