Chicken nuggets step-by-step recipe with photos.
What is chicken nuggets
Chicken nuggets is an easy chicken dish where small chunks of chicken breast are breaded and deep-fried or baked. They are great as appetisers as well as small meals for kids. They are great for lunch boxes too.
This recipe here is loved by my kids and I make it just how they love it. And that is the best part of this dish - it can be altered as per your preference. Also, I shallow-fry the nuggets rather than deep-frying them. Baking the nuggets works very well too.
Chicken: I use chicken breast to make this dish.
Egg: Egg acts as a binding agent and helps the breadcrumbs stick to the nuggets.
Garlic powder: This is the only spice I use to make them. If you don't have garlic powder handy, grind 1-2 garlic cloves into a fine paste and use it,
Breadcrumbs: I use homemade breadcrumbs that I make with leftover sourdough bread.
Oil: I use coconut oil here. However, you may use any cooking oil of your choice.
Chicken nuggets tastes best when served with a classic tomato ketchup. However, you may choose to serve it with any dip of your choice.
Storing chicken nuggets
They keep good in the refrigerator for 1-2 days. They can be frozen, both in cooked and uncooked form. To freeze cooked chicken nuggets, place the nuggets in a freezer-safe bag, remove as much air as possible, seal it and place it back into the freezer.
To freeze uncooked chicken nuggets, bread them and place them on a tray. Place the tray in the freezer overnight. Once they freeze, transfer into a freezer-safe bag, remove as much air as possible, seal it and place it back into the freezer.
You can reheat the chicken nuggets either in an oven or air-fryer directly from the frozen state.
This dish is:
- very easy to make and can be ready in less than 30 minutes
- loved by kids
- easily altered as per your preference
- freezer-friendly (in both cooked and uncooked form)
For more chicken recipes, click here.
Chicken nuggets step-by-step recipe with photos
1. Cut the chicken breast into small chunks
2. Add garlic powder, salt and mix well
3. Add egg and combine making sure all the chicken pieces are coated
4. Take a piece of chicken and roll it in breadcrumbs making sure the whole chicken is coated
5. Place the chicken pieces and fry on medium flame until both sides are cooked
6. Cook the nuggets until completely done on both sides
Loved by the kids