Chilli chicken step-by-step recipe with photos.
Chilli chicken is a popular Indo-Chinese dish of chicken from the Hakka Chinese heritage. There are two versions of this dish - dry and with gravy. It is the meaty counterpart of chilli paneer. Pieces of chicken marinated, deep-fried and tossed in capsicum, onion and sauces is a favourite dish for chicken lovers. Chilli chicken has a great balance of hot, sweet, tangy and salty flavours perfect for your tastebuds.
Like I have mentioned before, we don’t prefer eating Indo-Chinese dishes in restaurants because of the addition of MSG and additives. Why compromise on health when we can make these dishes at home without compromising on taste!
For more Indo-Chinese recipes, click here.
Chilli chicken step-by-step recipe with photos
1. Grind ginger, garlic, and chilli into a smooth paste
2. Marinate chicken with ground paste, soya sauce, tomato sauce, and vinegar
3. Add plain flour, cornflour and egg once chicken is marinated
4. Mix them together so that the chicken pieces are coated well
5. Deep fry chicken pieces until golden and crispy
6. Saute ginger, garlic in oil
7. Add onion, capsicum, chilli and fry for few minutes
8. Add soya sauce, vinegar and mix well. Add red chilli paste, salt, and pepper
9. Add cornflour water mixture
10. Once it boils, add chicken pieces
11. Simmer until the sauce thickens
FOR MARINATING CHICKEN:
FOR THE SAUCE: