Chilli paneer recipe step-by-step recipe with photos.
Hot and spicy chilli paneer is my absolute favourite when it comes to Indo-Chinese dishes. Pieces of paneer marinated and shallow fried, and finished in a chilli-capsicum stir fry is a sure winner for me. We love Indo-Chinese dishes but don’t prefer eating it in restaurants because of the usage of MSG and additives. This dish, in particular, is our favourite and I make it very often at home. Serve this easy to prepare the dish as a started or pair it with vegetable fried rice or hakka noodles for a perfect meal.
To make this dish, I first marinate paneer cubes in a mixture of flour, ginger, garlic, soya sauce, sauce, tomato sauce and cornflour. I then shallow-fry them. I make a sauce with onion, capsicum, ginger, garlic, soya sauce, vinegar, and chillies. I then saute the fried paneer cubes in the sauce and finish with some spring onions.
Unlike the restaurant ones, I don’t deep fry the paneer cubes. I shallow fry them instead. The result is a healthier version of chilli paneer that tastes even better than the restaurant ones. Do try this, it is absolutely delicious!
For more Indo-Chinese recipes, click here.
FOR MARINATING PANEER:
FOR THE GRAVY:
Chilli paneer step-by-step recipe with photos
1. Cut capsicum and onion into cubes and set aside
2. Mix all the ingredients for marinating the paneer
3. Marinate the paneer cubes
4. Shallow fry paneer until golden on all sides
5. Saute ginger garlic on high flame
6. Saute onion and capsicum for few minutes
7. Add rest of ingredients and mix well
8. Add paneer cubes and mix well