Chocolate-dipped strawberries recipe.
Spring is here... and so are strawberries 🙂 With more picnics and barbeques getting lined up, there can’t be an easier treat to keep the kids happy outdoors. So easy to make and tastes divine. Surely a crowd-pleaser, not just with kids, but adults too. After all, we all love chocolates and strawberries 🙂
You may choose to use any fruit you like. Blueberries, apple slices, pineapple slices, banana, oranges, watermelon slices go very well. You can also use dried fruits like dried apricot, dried banana, and dried figs too. Dried fruits are best paired with dark chocolate as the sweetness from the dried fruits will be perfectly balanced with the bitterness of dark chocolate. Try mint leaves dipped in chocolate for a little dessert and you will be surprised how good they are.
Here is my version of chocolate-dipped strawberries. I have not added any food colouring to make them – instead used milk and white chocolate. To make these beauties, I melted white and milk chocolate separately in a double boiler. I then placed them in narrow glasses and dip the strawberries one by one into the melted chocolate. I then decorated it with some sprinkles and coloured sugar, and let it sit for a few minutes in the fridge before serving. Done. Make sure you use strawberries that have the green leaves and stem intact for dipping. This will help you in holding them while dipping in the melted chocolate.
Try this and enjoy!
For more strawberry recipes, click here.
- 10-15 strawberries
- A handful melting chocolate (white and milk)
- A few drops oil
- Sprinkles and coloured sugar
- Wash and pat dry the strawberries. Make sure there is no water on them, as this will make the chocolate seize
- Melt white chocolate and milk chocolate separately on a double boiler or microwave in short bursts. Add a few drops of vegetable oil once melted
- Spoon into narrow glasses/cups. Dip the strawberries and place on a lined tray
- Add sprinkles and coloured sugar to decorate
- For the drizzles, place a small amount of melted chocolate in a sandwich bag and seal it. Make a small cut in the corner and drizzle
- Place them in the refrigerator for a few minutes until set