Chocolate swiss roll step-by-step recipe with photos.
A swiss roll is a cylindrical cake with a spiral cross-section, made from a flat sponge cake spread with a filling such as jam and rolled up. Today I have made a chocolate cake with chocolate cream filling. This wonderful chocolate swiss roll with chocolate cream filling is easy to make and a delight for chocolate lovers. It is perfect for parties and can be paired with custard or ice cream for a great dessert. It's a great way to bake something different from your regular cakes and cupcakes.
I have tried several recipes for this decadent cake but found this one to be perfect. This classic dessert is the one you will want to come back for more.
So if you looking for baking something really easy, but looks very special, this is it. Do try it and enjoy a special dessert with family and friends.
For more dessert recipes, click here.
Chocolate swiss roll step-by-step recipe with photos
1. Grease and line the base and sides of a baking tray with baking paper
2. Whisk eggs and sugar together using an electric mixer until thick and pale
3. Sift the flour and cocoa powder over the egg mixture
4. Gently fold everything together
5. Pour into the prepared pan, gently smooth the surface
6. Bake in preheated oven for 10-12 minutes or until the surface is dry to the touch
7. Turn the hot sponge out onto the sugared paper. Remove the baking paper
8. Using the paper as a guide, roll the sponge from a short end into a log. Set aside to cool completely
9. Combined cream, sugar and cocoa powder in a bowl
10. Whisk them until firm peaks are formed
11. Spread the chocolate cream over the sponge, leaving a 2cm boarder at the end
12. Roll sponge to enclose filling. Chill in refrigerator for one hour
Chocolate swiss roll
FOR THE CAKE:
FOR THE CHOCOLATE CREAM:
Recipe source here.