Classic vanilla cupcake and buttercream frosting step-by-step recipe with photos.
The basic classic cupcake that will always remain in fashion and the classic frosting that you can never get enough of – vanilla cupcakes with buttercream frosting. Traditional cupcakes are always a crowd-pleaser. These cupcakes are loved by all. You can whip-up batches upon batches but can never get bored of it. They are great for everyday treats or fancy them with icing and decorate them for special occasions.
This is a one-bowl recipe where all we have to do is combine all the ingredients to make the cupcake together, whisk it, pour it into the cupcake tin and bake it. This recipe of cupcakes uses eggs. You can find my eggless cake recipes here.
I like making these cupcakes as it is a simple one-bowl recipe and that makes it an excellent project to do with my little girl. They are almost too easy to bake.
Simple, sweet treats that will become your go-to vanilla cupcake recipe in no time!
Classic vanilla cupcake
For the cupcakes
For the frosting
Classic vanilla cupcake step-by-step recipe with photos
1. Combine all ingredients for the cupcakes in a medium bowl
2. Using an electric mixer beat on low speed until all ingredients are combined
3. Divide into cupcake cases
4. Bake in preheated oven until done
5. Cupcakes ready to be cooled before frosting
6. Beat butter in a bowl using an electric mixer until pale
7. Add rest of ingredients and beat well
8. Fill the frosting into a piping bag
9. Pipe onto cooled cupcakes