Easy chocolate cake step-by-step recipe with photos.
About this recipe
Who doesn’t love a rich, decadent, moist chocolate cake! This sinfully delicious yet easy-to-make cake has never failed in my kitchen. I have baked it countless times and it has turned out exceptionally well every single time. I have baked it in different cake tins and with different frosting. This time I made this in a bundt cake tin and as expected, turned out awesome.
This is a wonderful and delightful dessert. We love a warm slice with a scoop of vanilla ice cream. When I serve it this way, my daughter calls it cookie ice cream as it tastes similar to cookies and cream ice cream.
Christmas is right around the corner and what better way to get into a holiday mood than baking a perfect, delicious, moist chocolate cake! Try it and do let me know how you like it.
Bake this cake in a round tin and try my gravity-defying cake. A perfect centerpiece for any celebration!
Easy chocolate cake step by step instructions
1. Mix the dry ingredients together
2. Add wet ingredients and beat using a handheld mixer
3. Stir in boiling water
A slice of heaven
Easy chocolate cake
- 1¾ cup plain flour
- 1½ cup sugar
- ¾ cup cocoa powder
- 1½ tsp baking powder
- 1½ tsp baking soda
- 1 pinch salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- ½ cup oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup boiling water
- Heat oven to 180°C. Grease and dust with flour a 10 ” bundt cake tin
- Stir together sugar, flour, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda and salt in large bowl
- Add eggs, milk, oil, and vanilla. Using a handheld mixer beat on medium speed for 2 minutes
- Stir in boiling water (batter will be thin). Pour batter into prepared pan
- Bake 45-50 minutes or until wooden pick inserted comes out clean
- Cool for 15 minutes in the cake tin and then remove from to wire racks. Cool completely
- Dust with icing sugar
- Slice and serve
- If bundt pan is not available, you may bake it in an equivalent round or square pan
- If you don’t have access to a hand-held mixer, use a wire whisk to mix until smooth