Eggless pineapple upside-down pancake step-by-step recipe with photos.
Pineapple upside down cake – give way! Here comes the pineapple upside down pancake!
These delicious egg-free pancakes are just the perfect way to bring the tropical flavours right to your dining table. This easy to make recipe is sure to delight everyone in your family and is such a fun way to make anyone’s day a bit more special.
When I first saw the recipe, I was sure I have to try it. Made it for a Saturday brunch and sure enough, was loved by all of us. It has made it to a top spot on our favourite brunch list.
If you love pineapple upside-down cake, you will go head over heels on this one! Perfectly sweetened pancakes with pineapples, cherries and served with a warm pineapple syrup – you won’t think twice before making them time and again!
Click here for more breakfast recipes.
Eggless pineapple upside-down pancake step-by-step recipe with photos
1. Boil the ingredients to make the sauce together
2. Once the sauce is caramilised, set aside
3. Mix flour with rest of the dry ingredients
4. Add wet ingredients to the flour mix
5. Whisk together to form the pancake batter
6. Heat butter in a pan and place the pineapple ring
7. Flip and place the glaced cherries in center
8. Pour the pancake batter on the pineapple ring
9. Flip carefully and cook on both sides
Eggless pineapple upside-down pancake
- 2 cups plain flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ cup sugar
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 1½ cup milk
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- ½ cup butter plus extra for frying the pancakes
- 1 cup pineapple juice I used the juice from tinned pineapple rings
- 1 can pineapple ring
- A few cherries glazed
- In a saucepan, add ¼ cup butter, brown sugar, and ½ cup pineapple juice. Bring it to a boil to let the sugar melt and caramelise. Simmer for a few minutes until it has a consistency of syrup. Set aside until serving
- In a large mixing bowl, add flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and sugar, and combine well. Add milk, ½ cup pineapple juice, ¼ cup melted butter, and vanilla extract. Whisk them well to form the batter. Set aside for 10 minutes
- Heat a nonstick pan and melt a small amount of butter. Place a pineapple ring and cook on medium flame until it caramelises on one side
- Flip it and place 1-2 glazed cherries in the core of the pineapple ring
- Pour a ladle of batter over it. Let it cook until the top starts to bubble
- Carefully flip it and cook for another 1-2 minutes
- Serve hot with warm pineapple syrup