Ramen is thick Japanese noodles made with wheat flour and has a soft and chewy texture. They are great to make soups and stir-fry. Ramen stir-fried with vegetables and a few sauces can be great for a quick meal. As with any stir-fry recipe, it is important to keep all the ingredients prepped and ready before you start cooking. It is also important to stir-fry on high heat so that the veggies retain their crunch. Keep a close eye on it while cooking to make sure they don’t burn and at the same time don’t turn mushy.
The star of the dish is a simple stir-fry sauce I make. It lifts the dish many folds and makes it taste so different from a regular noodles/chow mein. Do try it and let me know your feedback.
Ramen stir-fry step-by-step recipe with photos
1. Boil ramen as per packet instructions
2. Prep up all the veggies
3. In a small bowl, mix together sesame oil, red chilli paste and salt. Add soy sauce, vinegar to it and mix well
4. Add cornflour and mix well
5. The stir fry sauce is ready
6. Heat oil in a wok/kadhai/ fry pan and add ginger and garlic
7. Add capsicum, carrot, spring onions, onion, cabbage
8. Add bok choy leaves
9. Add the stir-fry sauce and mix well
10. Add the boiled ramen
11. Mix everything gently taking care the ramen does not break