Gluten-free almond shortbread cookies step-by-step recipe with photos. These cookies are grain-free too.
We all love those delicious buttery shortbread cookies with our cuppa. The traditional shortbread cookies are baked with flour, butter, and sugar. Recently I came across this recipe of gluten-free shortbread where the flour was replaced with almond meal. I tried it and we all loved it. This simple recipe needs the creaming of the sugar and butter. But take care not to overwork the dough as this can make the cookies very crumbly. Just combine the ingredients together, bake, and voila! These cookies are grain-free too. Delicious gluten-free almond shortbread cookies are ready with your cuppa.
Just three main ingredients and 15 minutes are all you need to make these tender, crispy, buttery cookies. Do let me know how you like them.
For more recipes with almond as the main ingredient, click here.
Gluten-free almond shortbread step-by-step recipe with photos
1. Mix all the ingredients in a bowl
2. Bring them together to form a dough
3. Scoop out 1 tbsp of the dough and place on the baking tray
4. Use a fork to flatten each cookie to around ¼ inch thick and create a pattern
5. Bake for 8-10 minutes or until they turn into light golden
6. Transfer onto a wire rack and cool completely
Almond shortbread cookies