Gluten-free lemon drizzle cake step-by-step recipe with photos.
This perfectly moist, delicate, and delicious lemon drizzle cake is the best tangy-sweet thing you will bake. And the best part of the cake – a surprise ingredient which you can never guess until you read the recipe. The main ingredient of the cake is the potato! Yes. You read it right! Potato!!
Potato adds a wonderful moistness and at the same time, lightness to the cake yet does not overpower the main lemony flavour. I have used almond meal instead of plain flour to make this gluten-free. The lemon drizzle poured on top is a perfect balance of sweet-tangy flavours.
Bake this cake and surprise everyone with a delicious cake with a secret ingredient 😉
For more gluten-free recipes, click here.
For more grain-free recipes, click here.
Gluten-free lemon drizzle cake
Gluten-free lemon drizzle cake step-by-step recipe with photos
1. Grate the potatoes using a potato ricer or box grater
2. Beat the caster sugar and butter together until light and fluffy
3. Add the eggs one at a time, beating after each addition
4. Add grated potato
5. Add in the almond meal
6. Add baking powder, lemon zest and combine everything well
7. Line a baking tin with baking paper. Pour the batter into the prepared pan
8. Bake in a preheated oven
9. Let the cake sit in the tin for 10 minutes and then transfer it onto a cooling rack
10. To make the drizzle, mix together sugar and lemon juice in a small bowl
11. Pour the lemon drizzle over the cake and let it cool completely