Gobi tikka step-by-step recipe with photos.
Gobi tikka or tandoori gobi is a simple, delicious dish and a perfect alternative for paneer tikka. Cauliflower florets marinated with yogurt and aromatic spices, and roasted to perfection is a great vegetarian starter or snack. Traditionally a tikka is roasted in a tandoor or clay oven. However, this dish roasted in an oven tastes equally good. For a vegan alternative, replace yogurt with cashew and poppy seeds paste.
To make this dish, I prepare a marinade with yogurt, ginger, garlic, besan and spices. I blanch the cauliflower and marinate them in the spice mix. I also marinate onion and capsicum pieces in the same mixture. I then insert skewers into cauliflower and bake in a preheated oven.
Next time you buy a cauliflower, ditch your regular dish and try this yummy recipe and serve it with mint chutney. Or add this to your menu next time you have a barbeque party. I am sure you will love it!
Gobi tikka step-by-step recipe with photos
1. Blanch cauliflower florets for few minutes
2. Mix all the marinade ingredients together
3. Marinate the cauliflower and set aside
4. Marinate capsicum and onion pieces, skewer them and roast in oven
5. Roast cauliflower skewers until crunchy and completely done