Gond ke laddu/antina unde/dink laddu step-by-step recipe with photos.
Gond ke laddu/antina unde/dink laddu is a healthy snack made with edible gum, nuts, dried fruits, coconut, and jaggery. These delicious little bites are very healthy and are highly recommended during winters and also to lactating mothers. This uniquely tasting laddu gets its main flavour from edible gum, also known as tragacanth gum, and is loaded with all things good. Gond or edible gum is available in any grocery store or an Indian store abroad. They are translucent little crystals that are pretty hard on its own, but on roasting them they puff up and become light.
Do try this healthy, nutritious sweet treats this winter and I am sure you will love it.
For more refined sugar-free recipes, click here.
For more laddu recipes, click here.
Edible gum crystals
Gond ke laddu step-by-step recipe with photos
1. Pit the dry dates and grind them into a powder
2. Heat ghee in a frying pan. Add edible gum and fry for a few minutes until they puff up
3. Cool it and grind into a fine powder. Transfer into a larger bowl
4. In the same pan, add cashew, almonds and raisin and fry until they are golden
5. Next, add dried dates powder and roast for 2-3 minutes
6. Add fried nuts and dates to the bowl
7. Next, add dry coconut and roast until it is golden
8. Next, add poppy seeds and roast for until it is lightly golden
9. Combine all the ingredients together
10. In another frying pan, add jaggery along with some water. Bring to boil and simmer until it reaches one string consistency
11. Pour the jaggery syrup into the mixture and combine well
12. While the mixture is still warm, take a small portion and shape them into a round to form laddus
13. Gond ke laddu are ready
Gond ke laddu