Grain-free almond bread step-by-step recipe with photos.
About this recipe
If you are looking for gluten-free, grain-free bread and wanting to eat something that tastes like regular bread, then this is the recipe. I have been trying to make grain-free bread which is not only healthy but also super delicious. I’ve finally been able to get it right! Made with just almond meal, butter, and eggs as the main ingredients, this bread is perfect for breakfast, tea, and lunch boxes.
I add honey and raisins to the bread to make it slightly cake-like but you can skip them and use it as sandwich bread. Tastes delicious either way. Grain-free, sugar-free almond bread is perfect for lunchboxes too. I smear it with some homemade strawberry jam for my little girl’s lunchbox and she loves it. Do try this kids-approved recipe for a healthy alternative to regular flour bread.
For a variation, try grain-free coconut bread. Click here for the recipe for coconut bread.
Almond bread step by step instructions
1. In a large bowl, take the almond meal, butter, and eggs
2. Mix well using an electric mixer for 1-2 minutes. Add honey and raisins. Mix gently until combined
3. Pour the mixture into the prepared pan and bake in a preheated oven for 30-40 minutes
4. Let it cool completely before slicing
Grain-free almond bread
- Preheat oven at 160 C (320 F). Grease and line a loaf tin
- In a large bowl, take the almond meal, butter and eggs
- Mix well using an electric mixer for 1-2 minutes
- Add honey and raisins. Mix gently until combined
- Pour the mixture into the prepared pan and bake in a preheated oven for 30-40 minutes or until a skewer inserted in the centre comes out clean
- Let it cool completely before slicing
- Store in refrigerator