Grain-free cheese crackers step-by-step recipe with photos.
About this recipe
We all love cheese crackers. This addictive cheese goodness is perfect to munch on for a quick snack. And obviously like every other processed food that we can buy, the store-bought ones come with all the nasty preservatives, additives, and flavours. So I prefer making them at home.
My daughter is on a gluten-free diet and so I make them suit her dietary need. These gluten-free and grain-free cheese crackers come out just perfect and she loves them. I put a few in her lunchbox too and they are perfect to snack on. Just three main ingredients – almond meal, yogurt, and of course cheese – is all you need to make this cheesy goodness. Do give it a try.
To make these crackers, I combine grated cheese, almond meal, and yogurt. I then season it with some salt and chilli powder, knead into a dough and roll it. I then score it and bake it at a low temperature. These crackers are ready in no time.
Click here for other grain-free recipes.
Cheese crackers step by step instructions
1. Grate the cheese
2. Take all the ingredients in a bowl
3. Knead into a dough
4. Place the dough between two baking sheets and roll it
5. Cut the rolled dough
6. Carefully lift the baking paper along with the dough and place it on a baking tray
7. Let the cracker cool completely in the oven, then separate
Gluten-free Cheese Crackers
- Preheat oven at 150 C (300 F)
- Take all the ingredients in a bowl and knead gently until they are well combined to soft dough. If the dough is too soft, add an additional 2-3 tablespoon of almond meal
- Place the dough on a baking paper. Place another baking paper on the top
- Roll the dough thin between the baking papers
- Remove the top layer of baking paper. Cut the rolled dough into the desired shape
- Carefully lift the baking paper along with the dough and place on a baking tray
- Bake in the preheated oven for 15 minutes
- Turn off the oven and let the crackers sit in the oven until it cools down completely
- Separate the crackers and store in an air-tight container