Grain-free coconut bread step-by-step recipe with photos.
About this recipe
This delicious and healthy bread is easy to make and is a great substitute if you are looking for gluten-free options. They are quite dense and similar to sandwich bread in texture. Just three basic ingredient (two of which are made with coconut) is what you need to make this coconut goodness. Great for lunchboxes and afternoon tea.
Typically, grain-free bread is made with nut flours and eggs. But here, I am using coconut flour. Just two ingredients - coconut flour and eggs, are all you need to make this healthy bread. This bread is also low-carb and is suitable for the paleo and keto diets. It is perfect for a good sandwich even if you are on a low-carb diet.
For a variation, try grain-free almond bread. Click here for the recipe for grain-free almond bread.
Coconut bread step by step instructions
1. Place the coconut flakes in a blender and blend them together
2. Coconut butter is ready
3. Take coconut butter in a large bowl
4. Add the rest of the ingredients
5. Whisk together until well combined and there are no lumps
6. Pour into the prepared baking tin
7. Bake in preheated oven for 40-45 minutes
8. Cool completely
Grain-free Coconut Bread
- 1 cup coconut flakes
- ¼ cup coconut oil
- 6 eggs
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¾ teaspoon baking soda
- Preheat oven at 150℃
- Place the coconut flakes in a blender and blend together to get the coconut butter
- Take the coconut butter in a large bowl and add rest of the ingredients
- Whisk together until well combined and there are no lumps. The consistency should be like cake batter
- Pour into the prepared tin. Bake in preheated oven for 40-45 minutes until a skewer inserted in the centre comes out clean
- Remove from oven and let the bread cool completely in the pan
- Slice and store in air-tight container refrigerated