Healthy homemade sugar-free gummy bear step-by-step recipe with photos.
About this recipe
Homemade gummy bears that are so simple to make and needs just a handful of ingredients - this homemade sugar-free gummy bear is loved by kids. But not with all the nasty preservatives and artificial colours that come with it, plus heaps of sugar. So we make them at home. A super easy recipe that is so simple to make and get the kids helping in it. My daughter has fun pouring the liquid using the dropper. You need a gummy bear mould to make these cute little treats (see image below), but if you don’t have one, set them in any silicon mould. I love making it with 100% pomegranate juice as it gives a beautiful colour to the gummy bears but they taste great with any fruit juice of your choice.
To make these healthy treats, I heat together juice (without added sugar), honey, and gelatine. I then pour it into the mould using the dropper that comes along with the mould and let it set. That’s it! How easy is it to make these delicious healthy treats!
Click here for more refined sugar-free desserts.
Gummy bear mould and dropper
Step by step instructions
1. Pour the pomegranate juice
2. Add lemon juice and honey
3. Add the gelatine next
4. Mix well until it completely dissolves
5. Take the juice into the dropper
6. Pour into the mould
7. Let it set completely
Homemade sugar free gummy Bear
- 1 cup pomegranate juice or juice of your choice
- 2 tablespoon honey or as per taste, depending on the sweetness of the juice
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 3 tablespoon gelatine
- Pour the pomegranate juice, lemon juice and honey in a saucepan and put on medium flame till the liquid starts simmering
- Turn off flame. Add gelatine and mix well until it completely dissolves
- Using a dropper, pour the mixture into the gummy bear mould
- Refrigerate until completely set (3-4 hours)
- Remove from mould and store in air-tight containers
Click here to watch the homemade gummy bear web story.