Instant sweet paddu/paniyaram step-by-step recipe with photos.
Instant sweet paddu/paniyaram is easy to make dish ready in no time and tastes absolutely delicious. Making them fills the house with a festive aroma. They are served as offering to the deity during festivals. Banana, jaggery, coconut – what’s not to love about this dish!
I have earlier shared the recipe of making the savoury version of paddu/appe, which is made with the dosa batter. But the sweet version is ready instantly and does not need fermentation. They are traditionally made by deep-frying, but these healthier version made in paddu/appe pan tastes equally good. They are one of the easiest desserts I can think of and great for snack time too. Make them and enjoy delicious festive food…
For more refined sugar-free desserts, click here.
Instant sweet paddu step-by-step recipe with photos
1. Add banana and cardamom seeds to a blender or mixie and grind until smooth
2. Add coconut and grind again until smooth. Add 2-3 tbsp water if needed
3. Add jaggery and blitz everything together. Transfer into a bowl and add rice flour
4. Mix the rice flour well making sure there are no lumps
5. Add baking soda and mix well. Set aside for 5-10 minutes
6. Sweet paddu batter is ready
7. Heat paduu/appe pan. Add a drop of oil into the paddu pan cavities
8. Take a spoonful of batter and pour it in the paddu pan cavities. Pour few drops of oil or ghee onto them. Let it cook for 2-3 minutes
9. Carefully flip the sweet paddus and let it cook for another 2 minutes
Instant sweet paddu