Instant sweet paddu/paniyaram step-by-step recipe with photos.
About this recipe
Instant sweet paddu/paniyaram is easy to make dish ready in no time and tastes absolutely delicious. Making them fills the house with a festive aroma. They are served as offering to the deity during festivals. Banana, jaggery, coconut – what's not to love about this dish!
I have earlier shared the recipe for making the savoury version of paddu/appe, which is made with the dosa batter. But the sweet version is ready instantly and does not need fermentation. They are traditionally made by deep-frying, but these healthier version made in paddu/appe pan tastes equally good. They are one of the easiest desserts I can think of and great for snack time too. Make them and enjoy delicious festive food...
Click here for more refined sugar-free desserts.
Step by step instructions
Add banana and cardamom seeds to a blender or mixie and grind until smooth. Add coconut and grind again until smooth (steps 1,2).
Add jaggery and blitz everything together. Transfer into a bowl and add rice flour (steps 3,4).
Mix the rice flour well making sure there are no lumps (step 5).
Add baking soda and mix well. Set aside for 5-10 minutes. The sweet paddu batter is ready (step 6).
Heat paduu/appe pan. Add a drop of oil into the paddu pan cavities. Take a spoonful of batter and pour it into the paddu pan cavities. Pour a few drops of oil or ghee onto them. Let it cook for 2-3 minutes (step 7).
Carefully flip the sweet paddus and let it cook for another 2 minutes (step 8).
Instant sweet paddu
- Add banana and cardamom seeds to a blender or mixie and grind until smooth
- Add coconut and grind again until smooth. Add 2-3 tablespoon water if needed
- Add jaggery and blitz everything together
- Transfer the content into a bowl and add rice flour. Mix well
- Add baking soda, mix together and let it sit for 5-10 minutes
- Heat paduu/appe pan. Add a drop of ghee into the paddu pan cavities
- Take a spoonful of batter and pour it in the paddu pan cavities
- Pour few drops of ghee onto them. 1 teaspoon of gheehould be sufficient for 4 to 5 paddus
- Let it cook on low-medium flame for 2-3 minutes
- Carefully flip the sweet paddus and let it cook for another 2 minutes
- Remove from pan once done. Repeat with rest of the batter
- Serve warm