Jeera biscuit step-by-step recipe with photos.
Jeera biscuit or cumin flavoured salty biscuits are simple, easy to make cookies that are perfect for tea-time. They are perfectly balanced being mildly sweet, mildly salty, and lightly spiced. The distinct flavour of cumin adds a very unique taste to these biscuits.
To make jeera biscuit, I whisk together butter and sugar. I add in flour and salt. I then fold in jeera or cumin seeds and let the dough rest. I then roll it into a thick disc, cut out small biscuits and bake in a preheated oven.
A cup of masala chai and jeera biscuits will lift your mood no matter how tiring your day is.
Jeera biscuit step-by-step recipe with photos
1. Take butter and sugar in a large bowl
2. Whisk them together until creamy
3. Sift flour, salt, and baking powder into it
4. Add cumin seeds and mix everything well
5. Gradually add milk 1 tbsp at a time and start kneading
6. Knead into a soft dough and let it rest
7. Roll it into a disc using a rolling pin, to roughly 1 cm thickness. Cut into small discs
8. Place them on the prepared trays
9. Bake them in the preheated oven