Jeera biscuit step-by-step recipe with photos.
About this recipe
Jeera biscuits or cumin flavoured salty biscuits are simple, easy-to-make cookies that are perfect for tea-time. They are perfectly balanced being mildly sweet, mildly salty, and lightly spiced. The distinct flavour of cumin adds a very unique taste to these biscuits.
To make jeera biscuits, I whisk together butter and sugar. I add to it flour and salt. I then fold in jeera or cumin seeds and let the dough rest. I then roll it into a thick disc, cut out small biscuits and bake in a preheated oven.
A cup of masala chai and jeera biscuits will lift your mood no matter how tiring your day is.
Jeera biscuit step by step instructions
1. Take butter and sugar in a large bowl
2. Whisk them together until creamy
3. Sift flour, salt, and baking powder into it
4. Add cumin seeds and mix everything well
5. Gradually add milk 1 tbsp at a time and start kneading
6. Knead into a soft dough and let it rest
7. Roll it into a disc using a rolling pin, to roughly 1 cm thickness. Cut into small discs
8. Place them on the prepared trays
9. Bake them in the preheated oven
- ½ cup butter at room temperature
- ¼ cup sugar powdered
- 1¾ cup plain flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tbsp cumin seeds
- 4-5 tbsp milk
- In a large bowl, whisk together butter and sugar until light and creamy
- Sift flour, salt and baking powder into it.
- Add cumin seeds and mix everything well
- Gradually add milk 1 tbsp at a time and knead together to form a soft dough
- Cover the dough and let it rest for 15-20 minutes
- Preheat oven to 180℃. Line baking tray with baking paper
- Once the dough is rested, take a large ball and roll it into a disc using a rolling pin, to roughly 1 cm thickness
- Cut out small biscuits using a cookie cutter or a sharp lid
- Place them on the prepared trays
- Bake them in the preheated oven for 10-12 minutes. Reduce temperature to 160 degrees and bake for another 5-6 minutes taking care not to burn the cookies
- Cool completely on a wire rack
- Serve immediately or store in an airtight container