Kadai paneer pizza recipe.
Pizza – we all love it... Do you know someone who doesn’t? There are so many ways of making a pizza. But have you tried a pizza in an Indian style? YUM. Enough said.
While in India we mostly had takeaway pizza, which was totally customised to suit our taste buds. Here in Melbourne, I started missing those flavours that I loved in a pizza. So I started making them at home. Today I will share with you the recipe of my favourite pizza… Kadai Paneer Pizza! The flavours and aroma of freshly ground Indian spices paired with paneer and cheese – food heaven! This pizza takes a bit more time to make when compared to regular ones, but trust me… it’s totally worth the effort. I prefer making the pizza base at home, but store-bought ones can be used as well.
To make this dish, the first step is to make kadai paneer itself. You can find the steps to make kadai paneer here. Kadai paneer itself does not have any gravy and is a dry curry. Make sure you add some ½ cup tomato puree to the curry so that it can act as the pizza sauce.
Kadai paneer is one of our favourite Punjabi dishes and we enjoy it with naan. Converting it into a pizza is obviously the best form of enjoying this dish. If you choose to pair kadhai paneer with naan, just top the naan with it and some cheese, grill it, and voila! Easy and quick kadhai paneer pizza!
Click here for kadai paneer recipe.
Click here for more paneer recipes.
Kadai paneer pizza
For Pizza Base:
- 2 cups plain flour
- 2 teaspoon yeast
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon milk powder
- ¾ cup water (warm), approximately
- Kadai paneer (Add ½ cup tomato puree for sauce)
- Mozzarella cheese
- Coriander leaves for garnish
- Combine flour, salt, yeast, sugar, milk powder together in a large bowl
- Add oil and water and knead into a soft dough
- Cover with a cling wrap. Let the dough rest in a warm place for 1-2 hours or until it is double in size
- Place the dough on a lightly dusted surface and knead again for 2-3 minutes
- Divide into 4 balls, cover with a cling wrap and rest again for 10 minutes
- Roll each ball into a circle, place on a baking tray, and prick with a fork. Let it sit for another 5 minutes
- Preheat oven at 200 C (390 F)
- Brush the pizza with sauce from kadai paneer and then spoon in the kadai paneer. Spread evenly
- Top with mozzarella cheese
- Lightly brush the ends of pizza with some olive oil/butter
- Bake for about 15 minutes until golden brown and cheese is bubbling
- Garnish with coriander leaves. Slice and serve hot