Authentic and traditional khaman dhokla from the scratch step-by-step recipe with photos.
Khaman dhokla is a Gujarati dish very similar to the south-
The traditional khaman dhokla is slightly dense and crumbly than the instant ones but
This authentic, traditional dish is great for breakfast, snack, and lunch boxes. Do give this recipe a try and you will not want to go back to instant dhoklas again.
For more Gujrati recipes, click here.
Khaman Dhokla step-by-step recipe with photos
1. Wash and soak chana dal, urad dal and poha
2. Grind into a smooth paste and mix well
3. Let the batter ferment overnight
4. Mix turmeric, salt, and ginger-green chilli paste
5. Add oil and mix
6. Pour into a greased plate
7. Place in a steamer
8. Steam until completely done
9. Prepare the tempering in a small pan
10. Pour tempering and garnish
11. Cut into squares and serve