Khara biscuit/savoury crackers step-by-step recipe with photos.
My love for Iyengar bakery goodies is not new. I have shared my take on some of their baked goodness earlier too. To add to the list, yet another favourite – khara biscuit/savoury crackers. ‘Khara’ means spicy in Kannada and that’s exactly how these biscuits taste. These spicy, salty biscuits are a perfect snack when you don’t want to eat the regular sweet cookies. Curry leaves and coriander leaves make these biscuits very unique in taste and flavour. The aroma that fills your house while baking these biscuits is unlike what it is while you bake sweet cookies. You don’t need a beater to make these easy biscuits and are ready in a jiffy!
These popular, tempting biscuits tastes best with a cup of masala chai. Do try them and I am sure you won’t be able to stop at one…
Khara biscuit/savoury crackers step-by-step recipe with photos
1. Chop curry leaves, coriander leaves and green chilli
2. Cream together butter and sugar. Add yogurt once the butter-sugar mixture is light and fluffy
3. Mix well until the yogurt is fully incorporated
4. Add rest of the ingredients
5. Knead together and rest the dough
6. Roll the dough and cut it into discs using a cookie cutter
7. Place on a lined baking tray
8. Bake in preheated oven until done
9. Let them cool completely on a wire rack
Khara biscuit served with masala chai