Ladi pav or pav bread step-by-step recipe with photos.
Ladi pav or pav bread is light and fluffy dinner rolls that are made with plain flour. Pav means bun and ladi in this case means 3-4 pav bread arranged together in a row. These delicate buns are perfect for pav-bhaji, vada-pav, misal-pav, and so on – which are the famous street foods of Mumbai. They are great for making toasts, sandwiches, and mini-burgers too. In fact, they are so tasty, you can have these fresh-out-of-the-oven buns just on their own. Nowadays, they are easily available in any store. But nothing can match the freshness of home-baked pav.
To get perfect soft pav, it is very important to knead the dough well. Also it is really important to rest the dough. Even the second resting is important. Follow the step-by-step instructions to get perfect ladi pav every time you make them.
For more bread recipes, click here.
For healthy sourdough bread recipes, click here.
Ladi pav step-by-step recipe with photos
1. In a large bowl, mix together flour, yeast, milk powder, salt and sugar
2. Add butter to the mixture
3. Rub it well with the flour
4. Slowly add water to knead the flour. Keep kneading for 8-10 minutes until you get a soft, pliable dough
5. Let the dough rest in a warm place until double the size
6. Pinch out a lemon sized ball of dough, roll it into smooth balls, and place onto a baking dish
7. Cover with a clean kitchen towel and let it rest for another 20-30 minutes
8. Once the pav is rested for the second time, brush some milk onto them
9. Bake in a preheated oven for 25-30 minutes until the top is golden
10. Remove from the oven and spread some butter onto them
Ladi pav (dinner rolls)