Lemon coriander soup step-by-step recipe with photos.
About this recipe
A piping hot bowl of soup is so comforting on a cold winter night. And a soup that is ready in less than 15 minutes is a definite keeper when you are not in a mood to cook something elaborate. This healthy and delicious clear soup can be paired with warm garlic bread for a light meal. This vegan soup is very simple to make and can be put together easily.
The vegetables used in making the soup can be varied as per your preference. I like to add finely chopped cabbage and carrots along with onions to make it.
I use vegetable stock to make this soup, but you can replace it with chicken stock too. The tanginess from the lemon, the freshness of the coriander leaves, and the crunch from the vegetables are a perfect match. This light and flavourful soup is a perfect way to start your meal. Prep up the vegetables and prepare the stock beforehand to enjoy the soup in no time.
Follow the step-by-step recipe to make healthy and delicious lemon coriander soup.
Click here for the vegetable stock recipe.
Step by step instructions
1. Chop the veggies, garlic, and chillies
2. Heat oil and saute garlic and chillies, then add onion
3. Add carrots once the onion starts to sweat
4. Add cabbage next
5. Add vegetable stock, lemon juice, salt, pepper, and cornflour mixture
6. Simmer for a few minutes
7. Add coriander leaves
8. Serve the soup piping hot
Lemon coriander soup
- 1 lemon
- ¼ cup coriander leaves
- 2 teaspoon oil
- 2 cloves garlic finely chopped
- 2 green chillies finely chopped
- ¼ cup onion finely chopped
- ¼ cup cabbage finely chopped
- ¼ cup carrot finely chopped
- 4 cups vegetable stock
- 1 teaspoon cornflour
- Salt to taste
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- Mix the cornflour in 2 tablespoon water and set aside
- Heat oil in a fry pan or kadhai. Add garlic and saute for a few seconds. Add green chillies
- Next, add onion and saute for 1-2 minutes
- Add carrot and cabbage. Saute for another 1-2 minutes
- Add vegetable stock, lemon juice, salt, pepper and cornflour mixture. Stir everything well and bring it to a boil
- Let it simmer for 5-7 minutes. Keep stirring occasionally
- Add coriander leaves and mix well. Turn off the flame
- Serve piping hot