Maddur vada step-by-step recipe with photos.
Maddur vada/vade are famous savoury fritters from Karnataka. It originates from Maddur which is a small town that lies between Bangalore and Mysore. Anyone who has travelled from Bangalore to Mysore cannot go past Maddur without eating this famous delicacy. This snack is widely available in all Mysore-Bangalore bus and train routes.
The authentic recipe uses red or pink onions. Make sure you use them to get the authentic taste. A perfect Maddur vade is slightly thigh, has a crispy crust and a soft center. It is not very spicy either. The balance of red onions, cashew and poppy seeds with chillies create a perfect burst of flavours.
These vegan fritters are a great tea time snack which is crispy from outside and has a slightly soft core inside. These vadas are really easy to put together and taste best when served with coconut chutney or peanut chutney.
Maddur vada step-by-step recipe with photos
1. Mix the flours with rest of the ingredients except oil
2. Pour hot oil onto it
3. Mix well and let it sit for 10 minutes
4. Knead well into a dough by slowly adding some water
5. Spread a small portion of the dough into a round disc
6. Fry in hot oil until golden brown on both sides