Mathura peda step-by-step recipe with photos.
On a lazy Sunday afternoon, the husband was watching a travel show on TV on Mathura. After covering the famous Sri Krishna temple and the rustic streets of the beautiful city, they showed how a local street vendor made the very famous Mathura Peda. Now, these pedas are not new to us. It is very famous all over India and obviously, we have eaten it countless times in India. But making it at home never crossed my mind really. The husband was very keen to eat some homemade Mathura peda and I gave in. I have made it quite a few times since then, and they have turned out delicious every single time.
Do try this rich, indulgent, mildly sweet fudge. I am sure you will love it.
Click here for more peda recipes.
Mathura peda step-by-step recipe with photos
1. In a thick bottom pan, add khoya and stir it well for 10-12 minutes until it turns slightly brown
2. Add sugar next
3. Mix the sugar well and let it melt completely
4. Keep stirring for 10-12 minutes until it comes together
5. Add cardamom powder and mix well
6. Let it cool for a few minutes
7. Grease your hands with ghee. Pinch out a small portion and shape it into a flat disc
8. Peda ready to be served