Mini cheesecake cupcakes step-by-step recipe with photos.
About this recipe
Those who know me or have followed my food journey know my love for cupcakes and the fact that I prefer baking cupcakes over whole cakes. Then why not bake cheesecake as a cupcake rather than a whole cheesecake!
Creamy cheesecake with a layer of biscuit crust and topped with berries is a delightful dessert perfect for parties and celebrations. In fact, I find mini cheesecake cupcakes way better than a whole cheesecake. These Mini Cheesecake Cupcakes are made in a cupcake tin with cupcake liners.
And the best part is that they can be served as per your liking – just as-is, topped with berries, chocolate sauce, jam – there are so many opportunities. Make these extra-special treats for your next party or celebration and please your family and friends with this delightful dessert.
In this recipe, I have made these cheesecake cupcakes with cream cheese and a bit of citrus zest to uplift the flavour.
Click here for more dessert recipes.
Step by step instructions
1. Process the biscuits in a food processor until fine. Add melted butter and process until combined
2. Spoon in approximately 2 tablespoon of the biscuit mixture into cupcake moulds. Press using the back of a spoon so that the biscuit mixture sets firmly
3. In a large bowl, add sugar and egg. Beat them until pale and slightly thick and creamy
4. In another bowl, beat the cream cheese and citrus zest until smooth
5. Add the cheese to the egg mixture and beat until combined
6. Pour the mixture into the prepared cupcake tin about ¾ full
7. Bake in preheated oven for 20 minutes
8. Cool the cheesecake inside the oven and then cool in the refrigerator
9. Cheesecake cupcakes topped with berries
Mini Cheesecake Cupcakes
- 125 grams plain sweet biscuits
- 60 grams butter melted
- 2 eggs
- ⅓ cup sugar
- 250 grams cream cheese
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 2-3 tablespoon berries for serving
- Process the biscuits in a food processor until fine. Add melted butter and process until combined
- Line a cupcake tin with cupcake liners. Spoon in approximately 2 tablespoon of the biscuit mixture into them
- Press using the back of a spoon so that the biscuit mixture sets firmly. Place the cupcake tin in the refrigerator for 30 minutes
- Preheat oven to 160 C (320 F)
- In a large bowl, add sugar and egg. Beat them until pale, slightly thick and creamy
- In another bowl, beat the cream cheese and lemon zest until smooth
- Add the cheese to the egg mixture and beat until combined. Do not overbeat the mixture
- Pour the mixture into the prepared cupcake tin about ¾ full
- Bake in preheated oven for 20 minutes. Cool in the oven leaving the door open. Refrigerate the cheesecakes for at least 2-3 hours before serving
- Top with berries or topping of your choice and serve
- Do not overbeat the cheese-egg mixture. It may make the cheesecake grainy
- Let the cheesecake cool in the oven itself. Remove the tin from the oven only when it cools down